What is ECOCOCO's stance on Privacy?
What information does ECOCOCO collect?
We will generally only use the information that you provide us with for the primary purpose it was provided for. There are a number of different types of information that ECOCOCO may collect when you visit our site or transact with us and they are outlined below.
If you sign up as a member, we will collect your name, country of origin, and email address. If you elect to receive our newsletter, your email address will be added to our mailing list, you will not be put on the mailing lists of any third parties, and neither your email address nor your name or country will not be divulged to anyone else. We will use these details to notify you about new developments, products, news and events. Removing yourself from the mailing list will also be easy - just click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Order information such as your name, billing address, delivery address, email address and phone number are collected at the time you place your order and are necessary to effect delivery of the products that you order, and to contact you in regard to your order if necessary. These details are retained in our database for record keeping purposes.
If you elect to pay online using your credit card, your card details are not viewed by us or by any person except you, at any time during the transaction. These details are necessary to process your order using this payment process. They are encrypted and passed directly to the Bank through our security provider Payway. We do not retain your credit card details.
Promotional Communications: as part of our promotional, educational and remarketing campaigns, we may contact you using the email address you have provided. If you prefer not to hear from us, please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email and you will be removed from any future communications.
Why does ECOCOCO collect this information?
ECOCOCO collects this information to:
- Provide you with information that you have requested
2. Promote our goods and services
3. Provide you with goods that you have ordered and provide customer service following these orders
4. Improve the website experience of our visitors
5. Comply with our legal obligations
- Pass to relative distributors who may be in your country
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to companies outside of Australia in the following countries:
- United States
2. New Zealand
How do we hold your information?
We hold your information in electronic form and take all reasonable steps to ensure it is secure and safe from unauthorised access. When your information is no longer required it is destroyed in a secure manner.
How can I access information held about myself?
If you would like to find out what information we have about you, please email email@example.com and we will provide this information to you in a reasonable timeframe.
What are Cookies and what are they used for?
Cookies are files which can be placed onto your computer's hard drive, once permission has been given. There are numerous benefits to having cookies placed on your hard drive. If you have accepted, cookies are used to identify when you visit a particular site, as well as analyse web traffic. Cookies also facilitate a more personal web experience, allowing web applications to gather information about your personal preferences, and respond to you as an individual.
Please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org for more information on cookies.
At ecococo.com.au, traffic log cookies are used to identify the pages that are being used. From the data provided by these cookies, we can analyse web page traffic and tailor our website to our customer's needs. This information is only used for the purpose of statistical analysis.
This website uses the following cookies:
• Google Analytics: This cookie allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
• Google AdWords: Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget.
• DoubleClick: We use remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.You can manage/ opt out here:http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
Please see this guide for details on how to turn off/ manage your cookies:
• Internet Explorer - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955Mozilla
• Firefox - http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookiesGoogle
• Chrome - http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=95647
• Safari - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
iPad/iPod/iPhone - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677Android - http://support.google.com/android/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=168544#1071614
How can I complain?
If you would like to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles you can contact us directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing by sending a letter to 170 Melbourne Street, South Brisbane QLD 4001 AUSTRALIA. We will look into your complaint and respond promptly in writing notifying you of what we will do in response.
If you are unsatisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.