With the Aussie Summer upon us, here are some Hair Hacks, to protect your hair when you lay poolside…
- Wet your hair before diving in- Hair is permeable, so once it it wet, very little chlorine will enter the shaft. Imagine the cuticles of your hair acting like a sponge. If they are filled with clean water it will be harder for the pool water to work its way in and do any damage. If you can not shower, dose your hair in a coat of ECO COCO Conditioner.
- Coconut Oil – Coat your hair in Coconut Oil before diving in. The oil helps seal the hair cuticles and protect it from the elements. Be sure to wear a hat, otherwise your scalp will burn..eek!
- Braid it – Putting your hair in a plait will avoid it getting tangled while swimming.
- Rinse – Always wash your hair post swim to avoid chemical build up, using our ECO COCO Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Hair Treatment – We recommend using the ECO COCO Hair Treatment. Leave in for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
Voila… There are the keys to protecting your Mermaid locks this season!!